Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sketchy or Reliable Research

             This week in class we discussed the research that can be found on the family. There are plenty of statistics out there on the family that can be found all over the internet. So how can you tell which is reliable? One major thing that made a lot of sense to me was citing one's credentials. I have written enough research papers to know that the things I have cited in my paper have a lot more umph to them. Another thing I was thinking about during our discussion in class was the statistics that were just so absolutely ridiculous that it had to be fudged. 
             How important is it that the research we find be reliable? Personally I find the more research one knows about the more well rounded one is when discussing a topic. Knowing the affects certain situations could have on child can help anyone who deals with children at any time in their lives. It is worth the extra work to make sure what is being found is well-researched work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment