Friday, November 11, 2011

AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! A CRISIS!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I never wanted for my family was to have a crisis. The thought of growing as a family from having a crisis made me squirm with horror. Who would ever want that for their family?

My twin sister was ran over by a car at the age of three. I would define this as a crisis for my family. My mother and father remained calm but I could tell, although I was only three, that they were worried for their daughters safety. They immediately ran her to the doctors because my mother trusted our doctor with everything. They found that she had a broken pelvis but with the miracle that it was only broken in one spot. Most pelvis bones break in two spots which cause a lot of problems. She did not have to be in a cast or worry about the alignment of her body, it would heal correctly, the only thing she had to worry about was the pain. I was a mess, sitting in corners holding my doll so tight and crying my mother had no clue what to do with me. My twin was hurt and I couldn't help her. My maturity level was not high enough to realize she will be alright all I could see was her bruises and hear her cries.She healed up and with only a few tire scars on her stomach nothing else remains.

And again I think, how was this good for my family? One thing I realized is the closeness I got with my sister. Although we were already close as close I knew I never wanted to lose her. My siblings and I became protective of her even though she did not want it have us doing it all the time. As a family we grew closer because of the love and care we have for each other. When one of us is in trouble you have the whole clan there to support you through your troubles. Crises are hard to make through sometimes but knowing that your family is there for you makes you believe you can make it through anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment