Friday, November 4, 2011

Affair Proofing my Relationship

In Wednesday's class we discussed possibilities that can come through seemingly innocent acts. Facebook is a new way to connect with people that is an amazing thing when used in the right way but a death trap for a marriage if used wrongly. Connecting with an old fling from high school can be a dangerous act of connecting with strong bonds other than those with the most important person in your life, your spouse. The emotional connectivity you can receive just by talking through facebook can slowly tear a part a husband and wife. As we discussed all the precautions you can take as a couple to prevent such events I realized my husband and I have not talked or figured out our boundaries. I noticed that he would take time to talk to other girls on facebook that made me feel uncomfortable but he did not notice it to be weird. I discussed with him my worries and he immediately told me that he will stop because he did not want to put people between us. It takes talking and realizing your surroundings to prevent such things but it is possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment